Saturday, April 24, 2010

Suprisinlgy things are still the same

Yes surprisingly enough things are still the same. Most people will thank god for it, but there are times when you want things to change, really change.
Role reversal ? Not a chance. You ought to be what you ought to be. That is it. You have made a place for yourself in this world, in this life, in this social structure, amongst your family and your friends and you have to keep it filled. If you step aside no one is going to step up to fill it for you. Or atleast not the way you would want them to fill it.
Ironically enough, if this was the corporate world, people will be pulling you aside. But alas it is not.

As I step into new roles, take on newer beginnings, I find myself torn between the new and the old. Excited and anxious, calm and jittery, confident yet confused I still take a step towards the new. Is it abandoning or is it trusting that things will fall in place. Do I become a guest in my own old memories now. Will there be a void, which time will not fill. Thoughts are traveling faster than light. And when I turn around and sneak a peek, things are still the same. Thankfully or not, I dont know. But yes things still look the same.

No comments: